Hi. I'm Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. Click here for a quick video introduction!
As you look to relocate to the Lakes area here are a few "fun facts" about Detroit Lakes:
· Lake & Home Magazine says: “Whether you are looking for a nature getaway, an active family vacation or a pampered rest, Detroit Lakes – the “events place” – has options for everyone.”
· 412 lakes in a 25-mile radius of Detroit Lakes.
· 1-mile long public sand beach adjoining a large City Park, band shell and public Pavilion.
· Activities for all ages. Festivals, outdoor markets, water sports and 5 city parks.
· Year-round recreation including skiing, fishing, hiking, skating, mountain biking, snowmobiling, boating and 8 area golf courses.
· 800 seat theatre brings national and local acts to the stage. Plus many unique venues for weddings and corporate gatherings.
· Home of WE Fest Country Music Festival – with over 45,000 attendees each year.
· 3 state parks and 2 national wildlife refuges within 60 miles of DL.
· Dining options galore… from coffee to fine dining. Enjoy lunch with a view from the patio or explore the local winery and brewery.
· Many trails in the area including the North Country National Hiking Trail, International Pine to Prairie Birding Trail, MN Lakes Country Scenic Byway plus, regional trails for skiing, hiking and snowmobiling.
· 40 minutes to Fargo/Moorhead; 200 miles to Minneapolis.
For information on employment opportunities visit our Jobs page.
The Detroit Lakes area has several financial institutions varying in size. This has resulted in a very competitive market, which has been good for area residents. Whether it's a car or home loan or a complex business loan, individuals often can receive multiple financing offers to ensure themselves competitive terms. Additionally, with several economic development funds available, Detroit Lakes offers a business friendly community for new or expanding businesses.
See the Minnesota banks and financial areas of the business directory for related businesses.
You'll find Detroit Lakes Minnesota to be a friendly, storybook community with water, woods, fresh air and PLENTY OF ROOM FOR YOU! Finding a realtor is easy: just click here.
We can put a roof over your head whether you want to rent or buy. For a smaller community, we have a variety of housing options to fit most any lifestyle. You'll find twin homes, condos, city homes, cottages, year around lake homes, rural properties and acreages, and all kinds of senior housing.
How much can you expect to pay? Here's what average sales prices were in 2013: *
|Land (City Lots)||$19,585|
|Land (Under 10 Acres)||$28,100|
|Land (Over 10 Acres)||$244,721|
As far as rental property goes, you can expect to pay an average of $500-$1200 per month for an apartment or single family homes
Detroit Lakes is growing and has great opportunities for the investor and entrepreneur. We can help you find a place to plant your new business. Call the Chamber office and we can help connect you with local resources.
*Statistics provided by Lake Country Association of Realtors. For more information on real estate and moving services See the Real Estate section of our business directory.